איז עס אַזאַ אַ זאַך ווי אַ אינטערנאַציאָנאַלער קאַנסטראַקשאַן מאַטעריאַל? עפשער! באַטאָנען איז בנימצא אין אַ פּלאַץ פון ערטער. But lets go back in time; way back. There are a couple of internationally recognised structures that use a material that can have a profound impact on modern construction. This material is an ancient material and it is the glue that holds the Great Wall of China together as well as was in the cement that made the roman structures so impervious to time. This material is known as MgO (מאַגניזיאַם אַקסייד).
What’s so great about MgO?
- As a building material magnesium oxide has several distinct advantages. It has quite a few impressive features which we’ll abbreviate below but lets be clear about one thing. MgO sheets are often confused with cement sheets (like Hardy Board) but it s nothing like cement sheets. Cement sheets crack, are brittle, absorb water, do not like flame, has no insulating value, and is extremely heavy. Magnesium oxide sheets on the other hand are:
- Structurally Stable (one of the few similarities to cement)
- Naturally flame resistant making building safer
- Non Brittle making MgO sheets easy to fasten using screws or nails
- Insulating (although thin and offers small amounts of insulating value it is important as the world tries to become more energy efficient)
- The Material Breathes (which means no vapor barrier is required when installing
- Absorbs water (also a similarity to cement) but because it breathes it dries out and will not crumble when wet
- Much lighter than concrete sheets of similar size
IS Mgo Safe?
By all accounts, as of all the test results we have seen the answer is yes. ווי אַ ענין פון פאַקט, magnesium is the main ingredient that makes up magnesium oxide sheets. Magnesium as you may know is also the base materials in the medical products like Milk of Magnesia which is used used to treat symptoms caused by too much stomach acid such as heartburn, upset stomach, or indigestion.
How structural are MgO sheets?
We’ll be glad to show you the test results to reveal exactly how strong they are. They have great racking strength and load bearing capabilities. To give a relative example, when configured as a זופּן פּאַנעל one 4′ רענטגענ 8″ X 4-1/4″ panel will support up to 5 SUV’s. This is an example of course and the actual results can be acquired by contacting us for a project proposal
What can you do with Mgo Sheets?
They can be used much like you would plywood or other sheeting materials. They can be nailed or screwed to studs and bonded with adhesives. For us we recommend them as the inside and outside skins to SIP Panels. Their physical properties make them ideal for this purpose and when used as skins on SIP Panels they bring two more benefits.
- They do not rot like OSB or plywood
- They have a fairly smooth surface.
The fact that they do not rot should be an obvious benefit, but the smooth surface means additional sheeting materials like drywall are not needed to finish out the inside of a room. The seams can be taped and sanded just like drywall. Most manufacturers who manufacture SIP Panels use OSB sheets. The challenge is the interior needs to be fitted with drywall and then finished thus adding to the expense of building with OSB SIP Panels.
What does IADDIC Make with Them?
We provide MgO sheets as the skin for the creation of SIP Panels. Our construction equipment used to make SIP Panels holds the material in pace while the core is filled with structural foam. Together the structural foam and the MGO produce incredibly strong structurally insulated panels used for the building of everything from disaster releief shelter, קליין הייזער, villas, שולן, קליניקס, commercial building and more.ייַנטיילן